Since 2013, Nibbling has been researching the best products for our little babies and carefully selected the best factories in the market, in to be innovative but sustainable.
We have always tried to avoid plastic and opted for silicone, the most used material in our products.
In fact plastics are petroleum-based products and manufacturers add chemicals (like BPA and similar) to create various functionalities. Silicone, by contrast, is a synthetic polymer made up of silicon (a naturally occurring chemical element), oxygen and other elements, most typically carbon and hydrogen. Silicone is generally a liquid or a flexible, rubberlike plastic, and has a number of useful properties, such as low toxicity and high heat resistance
Silicone is far better than plastic for baby accessories:
- It is not made from Petroleum but from silicon (sand) and water
- It’s safer for your family, with no estrogen-mimicking toxins like BPA to worry about.
- It is durable as it doesn’t crack, degrades or stiffens.
- I’ts more ocean-friendly as it doesn’t degrade into microfragments.
- It lasts longer, and stands up better against heat and cold than plastics.
- It is dishwasher safe, while plastic is hand wash only.
- It is odorless, stain-resistant, hypoallergenic and has no open pores to harbor harmful bacteria.
Nibbling is safe, practical and stylish.